I’m sitting here dreaming of Christmas, and what better way to kick off the Holiday Season than by posting a yummy, cozy, gooey treat?! I adapted this recipe from Wine & Glue and made these on a whim! I am so happy with how they turned out. This is a simple recipe to follow and I break it down into three separate layers to complete the entire bar.
The final product is 100% messy to eat – but well worth it! I thought this would be a nice post before I kick off the 12 Days of Christmas here on lxiv. Christmas is absolutely one of my favourite times of the year. I love the cozy warm glow from the Christmas tree, to the crisp cool air and the hot beverage in a beautiful mug. It’s a time to bring people together and enjoy the company and laughter of others. Stay tuned for some fun DIY, Christmas decor, recipes, some collaborations and more!!
Follow along below to see how I made these tasty treats.
Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients
- Graham crackers (enough to line your pan, then crush!)
- 6 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
Cookie Layer Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
Top Layer Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9″ x 13″ baking pan with cooking spray or coat with butter or coconut oil.
Graham Cracker Crust:
- Crush the graham crackers (easiest way is to put them in a bag and use a rolling pin to crush them!).
- Mix together the crushed graham crackers, butter and sugar. Then press onto bottom of baking pan.
- In a new bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until creamy on medium speed with a hand or stand mixer for about two minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla until just combined. Next, add flour mixture until completely combined.
- Ensure you do not handle the cookie dough too much! You will need to spread the dough on top of the graham crust. This was the trickiest part! Work your way from the corners of the pan into the middle by spreading dough in your hands and gently pressing it on top of the crust. In other words, make mini pancakes by flattening the dough between your hands and place on top of the graham cracker crust. You cannot move or spread the cookie dough once placed, as it will start to lift the crust off of the pan. Another idea would be to pipe the dough onto the crust, using a clear plastic bag and cutting a little hole in the corner.
- Next, spread the marshmallows and chocolate chips over the cookie dough. Then pour the condensed milk.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the marshmallows turn golden brown.
- Wait for the pan to cool before cutting! The bars are very crumbly, so don’t be surprised if they do not cut or serve perfectly.
Et, Voila! Yields approximately 20 squares (depending on the size you cut them!).
What’s your favourite holiday dessert? Let me know in the comments below!