Every month I try to take some time to reflect. Jot down my highs and lows from the month, what I’ve learned and what I’m looking forward to. I don’t believe that you need to be moving the needle forward all the time – then we wouldn’t truly appreciate and live in the moment. But it’s always a good idea to have dreams, goals and plans for getting to where you want to go, while being happy with what you currently have.
I typically start with my monthly reflection by journaling and then I’ll finish by creating a mood-board on Canva or creating a new Pinterest board. Having a visual representation really helps me to zone in on what I’m looking forward to and sets the tone for the rest of the month. I usually create seasonal vision boards (check out how I created my spring digital vision board here), but lately I’ve been gravitating towards monthly inspiration like the one below!
If you’re looking for some guidance on where to start, here are some of my favourite journaling prompts for monthly self-reflection. Take what resonates, leave what doesn’t!
- What were the top 5 highlights from this past month?
- What are 3 things I’ve learned this past month?
- What do I wish I would have done differently?
- Did you run into any challenges this month? How did you face them?
- If I could describe the past month in one word or phrase, what would it be and why?
- What am I looking forward to this month?
- What are my top 3 goals for next month? What are some things I can do to achieve even just one of these?
- What is one milestone I’d like to achieve this month?
- How am I using what I learned from last month and paying it forward?
- What affirmation, phrase or quote am I gravitating towards for inspiration this month?
- What am I manifesting for next month?
- Do I see any obstacles this month? If so, what are some ways I can face them?
Happy journaling! Are there any other prompts you like to use? Let me know in the comments below.